- 1 Top 10 Single Pin Bow Sight Reviews
- 1.1 1. GWS Cyclops 1 Sight
- 1.2 2. Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg Sight
- 1.3 3. TRUGLO Range Rover Pro Sight
- 1.4 4. Trophy Ridge Driver Slider Sight 1-Pin
- 1.5 5. HHA Optimizer Lite Sight – OL-3019 RH
- 1.6 6. Trophy Ridge React-One Sight
- 1.7 7. Trophy Ridge Pursuit Vertical Pin Bow Sight:
- 1.8 8. Truglo Range Rover Series:
- 1.9 9. TRUGLO Pendulum Bow Sight:
- 1.10 10. Field Logic – IQ 1 pin Bow Sight:
When you are seeking the best single-pin bow sight you are looking for quality materials, accuracy, ease of use and cost-effectiveness. Single-pin bow sights are increasing in popularity for novice and advanced archery enthusiasts and hunters. A single-pin sight allows for increased accuracy with a reduction in sight clutter and blind spots. Because single-pin bow sights only come with one pin, it is crucial that in real life hunting situations, you choose a sight that is easily, quickly and silently adjusted to your desired yardage. The following in a summary of some of the best and highest rated single-pin bow sights on the market;
Single vs. Multi-pin Sights
As with anything in life, your options come with their own inherent advantages and disadvantages. Let’s examine the differences between single and multi-pin sights;
- Single-pin Sights: These sights only have one aiming pin. They have become popular over the recent years because of their capacity to offer a precise point-of-impact for multiple distances. For example; if you range your game at 35 yards, simply adjust the sight to the 35-yard mark and voila! Because there is only one pin, you reduce sight clutter and blind spots. Having only one pin in the sight’s housing will offer you an unobstructed view allowing you to find objects that could get in the way like brush or tree limbs. The downside of the ease of use and adjustable sight pin is that it will take time to make your adjustment. If your intended game is on the move, you will need to adjust your pin. Thankfully there are many single-pin sights that allow for quick, one-handed adjustments with minimal body movement.
- Multi-pin Sights: Ever since modern archery was reborn, these sights have been around. These sights offer point-of-impact aiming for predetermined distances. Often, a multi-pin sight has between 4 and 6 pins that can be adjusted. It is very important to carefully select the correct pin for your shooting distance. Because you have multiple pins, you can quickly adapt to the ever-changing conditions of a hunting situation. Of course, the perk of quicker target acquisition does come with a catch. Every pin is meant for a specific distance and this means that when you need to shoot between the predetermined yardages it will need practice and a little guess work. This issue is referred to as “pin-gap sighting”.
Top 10 Single Pin Bow Sight Reviews
This single pin sight boasts a 4.8 star rating from satisfied Amazon customers. It is an aluminum bodied sight with a 2.25″ scope. The pin module is reversible and can be used for either right or left handed applications. The pin is made of green fiber. It is an incredibly affordable unit with no complicated gimmicks. Customers are very pleased with the price, the optic pin, the simplicity, and the accuracy. You will be hard pressed to find a better quality sight for the price and customers literally have nothing bad to say about it.
- Best for 1 distance shooting
- Aluminum body
- Reversible pin module
- Usable with both hands
- Not that much effective to enhance sight and accuracy
- Durable quality
- Easy to use
- Noiseless operation
- Clear and big viewfinder
- 3 pin sight
- Doesn’t include the yardage tape and the light
The Archer’s Choice Range Rover Pro Green Dog Sight offers archers an adjustable distance stop, elevation adjustments and a micro correcting wind adjustment. The housing for the scope has a half inch circle with an illuminated green dot in the center in order to improve long range accuracy. The sight is adjustable for either right or left handed users. Coming in at around $150 US most customers are extremely pleased with this unit, rating it at 4.7 stars. Satisfied customers rave about its ease of use, quality, and price. One customer even pointed out that this sight is wonderful for customers who need to use bifocals or transitions. Customers who were less than satisfied with the product discussed issues with the retailer and quality. One customer received a unit that was missing its labels for yardage and then their light stopped functioning. Other customers also experienced an issue with the LED light dying. There have also been questions of legality brought to the table, so check with your local state laws before purchasing this unit for hunting.
- Incredibly accurate at long distance shots
- Configurable both for left and right-handed shooters
- Clear and vivid view
- Includes various yardage tape
- 11 brightness setting
- Heavy to lift
The Trophy Ridge Driver Slider Sight is sitting at a 4.1 star review from customers. At just under $50 US this affordable sight is jam packed with features that traditionally cost a lot more. The sight is meant to deliver variety with limitless pin settings and silent, smooth adjustments. The mixed reviews on this sight indicate a need to exercise caution when considering its purchase. Happy customers are pleased with the easy installation and adjustments as well as the quality and price. They are happy with the bright optic fiber and the LED light. For the price of this sight, customers rave about its outstanding performance and accuracy. Customers who were displeased with their purchase complained about it being unable to go over 30 yards while other units broke or came in with missing parts. When customers attempted to resolve their issues with Trophy Ridge, they found the customer service to be unsatisfactory.
- Precise adjustment
- Sight light for added visibility
- No-snag fiber routing
- Easy to fix
- Made in the USA
- Big and bulky
The HHA Optimizer Lite Sight is meant for right handed applications. This single pin adjustment sight offers yardage tape that is marked off at 5 yard increments and an easily used dial adjustment. This sight does not accept a lens kit or light. The sight housing is 1 5/8” with fully protected fiber optics. Satisfied customers have rated this unit a whopping 4.9 stars making it well worth the $100 US price tag. There are no customer complaints to be found on Amazon while customers freely rave about the quality, ease of use, accuracy, aesthetics, price and fast arrival.
- Durable construction
- Includes micro-click adjustment
- Easy to use
- Incredibly cheap
• Doesn’t include any 3rd axis adjustment
The Trophy Ridge 1 Pin Sight is meant for right handed applications. Trophy Ridge uses “smart pin” technology in this unit in order to increase accuracy. The tool-free system offers refined accuracy for long distance shooting. The sight is constructed out of 100% aluminum. It has a positive stop at the 20 yard mark in order to take advantage of fast target acquisition when you are in the field. It contains multiple mounting holes in order to increase versatility, yardage stickers between 20 and 100 yards, sight level and rheostat light. This unit has a 4.8 star customer rating on Amazon for a bargain price of $150 US. Happy customers are very pleased with the product quality, accuracy, ease of use, range, and price. There was only one negative remark about the sight and it came to 3D shooting. The smart pin technology seems to lack the micro-adjustability that is necessary for 3D archery enthusiasts. This customer preferred other sights for this specific application.
- Durable aluminum construction
- Micro-adjustment feature
- Sight level included
- Great option for using in low light
- 3 different setting
- Heavy to lift
Trophy Ridge Pursuit Vertical Pin Bow sight offers great and limitless shooting experience for archers, both for right and left-handed shooters. Constructed with 100% aluminum, the pursuit ensures high performance and longer life.
The bow sight comes with a vertical indicator pin that ensures ultra-precise adjustment of the sight and ultimate smooth and silent operation in different weather condition. Delrin bushings of the sight assist in silent movement without any metal to metal contact. Moreover, the bow sight includes glo indicator pins to maintain accuracy even in low or changing light condition. There is also a rheostat light that helps in adjusting brightness according to the shooting condition. 0.19” vertical fiber optic pin offers impressive visibility. The bow sight comes at an incredibly cheap price which makes it a popular choice for those who have a tight budget. The sight is priced under 100$. Though it has earned 3.9 stars from Amazon customers, it’s a great option considering the price tag. Most of the customers love the construction quality, easy installation, accuracy, rheostat light of the sight. Overall, it can be an excellent option for beginner bow hunters.
- Sturdy construction
- Impressively bright pins
- Easily adjustable brightness
- Smooth and silent operation
- Doesn’t include any yardage tape
Truglo Range Rover Sight presents the perfect combination of accuracy and quick range adjustments. This bow sight is available in both right and left-handed style.
Despite numerous advanced features, the sight is easy to operate. Being built with aluminum, the bow sight offers excellent durability. Thanks to its single pin design which ensures impressive accuracy. The illuminated pin gives a quick aiming point and you are allowed to pick a sight from different sizes as you wish.
Fiber optics of the sight makes sure that the front pin is bright and can be seen in any lighting condition. Its lightweight feature adds convenience while hunting or shooting. Again the yardage adjustment of the sight is very user-friendly which ensures excellent shots simply.
Accompanying bracket makes mounting the quiver easily. Micro adjustment system of the sight makes it more popular. Again the sight comes with rheostat light also. The only drawback of the sight is it doesn’t include 2nd and 3rd axis which is more practiced by western hunters.
The bow sight has earned 4 stars out of 5 from Amazon customers. However, considering the price range of the bow sight, it is a great option for both novice and pro hunters.
- Aluminum body
- Outstanding accuracy
- Micro adjustment system
- User-friendly yardage adjustment
- Both left and right-hand application
- Slide part is a bit sticky
- Doesn’t come with 2nd and 3rd axis
Truglo Pendulum bow sight is perhaps the most advanced single pin(0.19”) treestand sight that every treestand shooters would love. This fully featured and high-quality bow sight is much cheaper than most other options. This easily adjustable sight ensures accurate shots up to 35 yards. It’s absolutely silent too.
Though the bow sight sought for treestand shooting you can also use it for ground shooting if you wish. Thanks to its adjustable bracket, you can lock the pendulum in place while ground shooting and focus on aiming solely. Because of its aluminum construction, you can expect sturdiness from your sight. It’s lightweight also.
Fiber optic technology and removable rheostat light of this pendulum sight are two useful features. These features ensure smooth operation in low light and that too without any added battery.
The sight supports both left and right-hand application. So, whether your dominant hand is left or right, you can easily use the sight.
However, the sight has been able to earn 4.2 stars out of 5 from Amazon customers. But comparing the cost of other pendulum sights, the product is a win-win deal. So, if you want to buy an affordable pendulum sight, this one won’t disappoint you.
- Aluminum construction
- Fiber optic technology
- Removable rheostat light
- For left-handed shooters, it’s needed to remove screw before use.
Field Logic – IQ one compound bow archery sight is one of the most affordable bow sights. Offering retina lock technology, this field logic bow sight provides instant feedback identifying the slightest spin or anchor point change.
The sight boasts of tool-free locking knobs which ensures locking your windage and elevation positions in place without any kind of tools. Then, there are micro-adjustment knobs that aid in quick and simple adjustment of the elevation and windage most accurately. The pin of the sight is movable, hence you can move it easily and swiftly with the rapid thread adjustment. Built-in sight level is another plus point of the sight.
Dual distance marking tapes are there to ensure precise positioning as per your specific shooting style.
- Very accurate
- Great sight picture
- Excellent retina lock technology
- Bright pin that allows shooting in low light too
- Dual distance marking tapes
- Breaks easily
However, the bow sights we have reviewed in this list, are different from each other and comes with unique features. So, whatever your preferences are, there is surely something for you. Go through the reviews carefully to determine which one would be perfect as per your requirements and budget.
Evidently when you are choosing a quality single-pin bow sight, price is not the factor you should be considering. Ensure that you are shopping around and choosing a sight that is easy to adjust and easy to use. With the popularity of single-pin bow sights on the rise, look past gimmicks and unnecessary additions. Choose a sight that allows for increased accuracy while taking advantage of the reduced blind spots and sight clutter that multi-pin sights sometimes cause. Archery is all about the basics and following your own innate abilities and instincts, choose a sight that compliments these skills.